St. Francis Xavier Church in Marcellus is seeking a new Music Director. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic person to organize music and choirs for weekend masses and Holy Days. This part time position would require working on Saturday evening and Sunday mornings. Applicant must enjoy working with both adults and children. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please forward resume and cover letter by April 10, 2017 to: Deacon John Falge at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Job Description and Duties:
- Plans and provides music for all liturgies including: Saturday (4:30 pm) and Sunday (8:30 & 10:45 am) parish liturgies. This task involves the selecting of the music.
- The recruiting, training, and directing of the choirs (Adult, Children’s, Bell & Contemporary), and cantors.
- Being the accompanist or cantor, and /or arranging for a cantor and accompanist at each liturgy, Holy Days, Christmas and Triduum, weddings, reconciliation services, High School graduation, memorial services, funerals, Confirmation, First Communion and others as agreed on with the Pastor.
- Works with the Director of Administration on budget.
- Reviews and maintains copyright privileges and orders updates and new music.
- Will attend parish staff meetings and Liturgy committee meetings.
- Schedules organ and piano tuning.
- The candidate should have a thorough understanding of Catholic Liturgy, diverse styles of music and be proficient at organ, piano and singing.
- Willing to participate in ongoing training when offered and available.
- This is a part time salaried position with 15-20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.