St. Francis Xavier Church in Marcellus is seeking a new secretary.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Deacon John Falge at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Job Description and Duties:
Reports To: Fr. Dan/ Dc. John
Appointment: Part time- 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
3 month probation period
Salary- to be determined
- Responsible for the daily operation of the church office
- Receiving visitors and assisting them as needed
- Answering multi-line phone
- Emailing/faxing/post office mail
- Website and social media maintenance
- Assisting with processing and keying in donations
- Scheduling and updating ministry schedules
- Inventory control of office supplies
- Creating and submitting weekly bulletin
- Maintaining parish calendar/building usage
- Maintaining and processing various employee and staff records as directed by Fr. Dan.
- Recording and maintaining files and providing appropriate requested information concerning parish sacraments including baptisms and marriages as directed by Fr. Dan.
- Scheduling repairs and maintenance of office equipment.
- Attending regular staff meetings and other church meetings as necessary.
- Maintaining appropriate confidentiality regarding parish business.
- Working cooperatively with other parish staff members.
Education: High school diploma required; Associates degree or other higher education preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a customer-service position; filing experience desired.
Demonstrated Proficiencies: Computer skills (specifically Microsoft Office);
strong organizational skills; knowledge of standard office equipment; ability to work independently and collaboratively; people skills a must; some evening and weekends possible.